Chrysalis Care is committed to recruiting a diverse range of foster carers to meet the various needs of the children and young people placed with us.
- Application form: Applicants complete a form detailing household members and their previous experiences.
- Initial home visit: This provides opportunity for fostering questions to be answered, for you to find out more about Chrysalis Care and for us to ascertain your suitability to foster.
- Statutory checks and references: There are a number of checks that are carried out on the applicants including –
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check which would disclose any criminal convictions.
- Medical assessment to find out your medical history and any current medical conditions
- Local Authority check
- 2-3 references personal/ex-partner
- Current and last Employer references (if previously worked with children, checks will be made via Ofsted)
- Identity checks
- Skills to Foster Training: Applicants are invited to a 3 day pre approval course. This will enhance your understanding of the fostering role and the impact of loss and trauma upon children and young people’s lives.
- Assessment: An independent qualified social worker carries out an assessment of applicants, visiting them 6-9 times in their own homes. The ‘Form F’ assessment report demonstrates that applicants are competent enough to be an approved foster carer.
- Panel: The completed and signed report is then presented to our fostering panel for recommendations of suitability to foster (placement type, age range, number of children, genders, etc).
- Final Decision: Our agency decision maker will make a final decision within 10 working days of receiving the written record of the panel.
Please also see our Internet Search Policy and Ex-Offenders Recruitment Procedure when completing your Application Form.
Apply now: You can post your application form to the address above, or email it to: email@example.com
Visit Chrysalis Care on one of our open days to find out more about fostering and how you can transform children and young peoples’ lives as well as your own!